CODE Dragon Noir - RK2 - AO Index du Forum

Guilde Francophone - Rimor - Anarchy Online

Portail    FAQ   Rechercher   Liste des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrer 
Calendrier  Loot-list  Implants  NW-list Dungeon-Map
 Profil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   Connexion  

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mer 27 Mar 2024
Jeu 28 Mar 2024
Ven 29 Mar 2024
Sam 30 Mar 2024
Dim 31 Mar 2024
18.0 Preview

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    CODE Dragon Noir - RK2 - AO Index du Forum -> Les Infos d'AO
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  

Auteur
Bitnykk
Dark Vadormir
Dark Vadormir

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 24, 2008 2:48 pm    Sujet du message: 18.0 Preview Répondre en citant

Avec des pincettes :
http://forums-archive.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=541491

Means a écrit:
Means
Game Director
Friday with Means - November 21, 2008

This week I decided to try and tackle some of the direct questions and concerns concerning the soon to be released booster "Legacy Of The Xan", the Engine Upgrade, and the future of Anarchy Online. I was a little surprised at the sheer number of requests. If I did not get to your question I apologize and I will try to get through more next week.

Q - Is there any eta on the engine and how is it progressing?

The new engine is coming along well. We are slowly being able to strip out the work done by the old engine and soon all basic/core functions will be provided by the new engine entirely. The removal of the old engine means a complete removal of the old effects system...and the re-creation/improvement of all the effects in game. This is of course a very significant amount of pure time consuming work. At the same time work will be done to improve the look of the game where possible...things like character model alterations, new trees etc are all adding to the time required to get this done...and get this done right. We really want to take our time with this to make sure it lives up to all of our expectations. Our current goal is "Summer 2009". I'd like to promise it will be ready...but all I can really promise is that I will not release it until I am certain it looks amazing and is well optimized to ensure excellent performance on the vast majority of systems.

Q - Since you were previously one of the people directly responsible for change in Anarchy Online, that is to say, the guy who gets its done, rather than the guy who orders it done, and now you're the Game Director - do you find yourself taking on both roles in the team, or are you just the man in the throne now?

I definitely find myself trying to function in both roles. Making decisions and following them through on a corporate level has definitely been more time consuming than I ever could have imagined. Merely maintaining Sil's exceptional level of contact with the player base is a significant commitment...but one I will absolutely be maintaining. Hosting issues have been occupying my time lately, a permanent solution is in the works and I am certain we can all look forward to better performance in the near future. I am lucky to be surrounded by an excellent staff...one that has been hand-picked over a long time from the player base and knows what and how to get things done. Being surrounded by people I can trust has been a lifesaver during this period of transition. I have not had as much time as I would like to "get my hands dirty" as I used to. That being said I have been very impressed by the work done by the team and I look forward to seeing all the new challenges hitting the live dimensions.

Q - I'm really looking forward to the playfields but will they require the same amount of organisation (regarding gathering people) as the DB quests and instances?

A great deal of the new content is made for solo style play. It will not be necessary to organise teams for the majority of the missions. That being said there are two new team instances and a final raid instance that will definitely provide challenge for group play.

Q - How much the booster will cost?

There are a three different price options for the booster, based around the idea of rewarding long term subscription players for their loyalty and support through the paid points system. (Note: All prices are excluding applicable taxes.)

19.99 USD / 19.99 EURO
OR
14.99 USD / 14.99 EURO + 500 Paid Points
OR
9.99 USD / 9.99 EURO + 1000 Paid Points

Q - Will we be able to order the booster pack early & if so, will there be a 'reward' for doing so?

A pre-order is currently being organised and I hope to see it out inside the next week. Players who pre-order will receive the new social Hoverchair. Useable anywhere, comfortable and stylish at any social occasion. I want one for the office.

(links to renders of the Hoverchair are at the bottom of this post!)

Q - Why is this content coming out as a 'booster' & not as a normal 'update'?

This booster is significantly larger...much much larger than any normal update. The resources spent on producing this booster were significant..significant beyond what we can safely produce as a business for free. At the end of the day I have to be able to afford the amazing talents of talented coders like Enno and Macrosun to make us the new engine/features we have all been waiting for. The previous 8 significant updates made to the game have been free... we'll try to keep up that pace and pricing as long as we can. There are elements of 18.0 that will be free for all users...ie: pvp toolset updates for many professions.

Q - What can avid PVPers expect from 18.0?

PVP toolset updates and powerfull Xan Artifacts will spice up pvp in 18.0.

These are some of the basics we are working to implement in 18.0 (Available for purchase from Ofab Vendors, NOT dependant on purchase of the booster.)

Martial Artist - Single Target Fears
Engineer - AOE Knockback Mines
Fixer - Fear Immunity - NCU Cleanser
Agent - FP other's nanos
Trader - Single Target Shotgun Knockback
Crat - AOE Fears
Enforcer - Knockback Stun and Single Target Fears
Doctor - Fear Removal from Friendly Targets
Nanotech - AOE Knockback
Keeper - Fear Immunity Aura

Q - Will all the new instances/playfields and its loot be requiring to have the booster pack to enter/use?

You will need the booster to access the content of this booster.

Q - Combined Combined Combined Combined?

Not in the booster, not in a future patch. No No No. The last thing we need is more overpowered armor. Alien armor was originally concepted as something players would have one or two pieces of. The original designer of these items did not understand you guys at all.

Q - So are shades finally getting QL 280-300 Spirits?

Yes.

Q - Have you at all considered making new maps for the Battlestation, given the enormous amount of time most TL7 players spend in it and since it is the only reliable easy to get to and take part in player vs player even of the entire game?

We will be looking into other pvp alternatives in the new year. Free for all arenas, team events etc. There is a great deal we can do to spice this up...I'm looking forward to it. At all level ranges.

Q - Fix for Parry/Riposte soon'ish?

Adding parry and riposte was tried 4 years ago with horrible results. It ended up making life harder for melee classes. If anything life will become easier for melee classes in the near future.

Q - Will the booster pack have new personal/global research goals?

No. It is possible later...but not in this booster.

Q - Will there be new playfields a la Pandemonium/Sector 42, which will provide guilds (and hopefully not bots) with encounters that need a higher level of organisation/skill than your average APF/DB instance pick-up-team?

There are two new team instances included in this booster and a 12-man final raid instance. The new raid interface has really opened possibilities for more guild-raid style content. I look forward to implementing some evil ideas in the new year.

Q - About pets. Mps are getting 2hr pets and what about crat? Pinetti will be still 30 minutes long? Better don't tell me your home adress, if the answer is yes.

Carlo will also be 2 hours. I live very near Oscarshall in Oslo. My dog is huge and not friendly. Better call first.

Q - Can we expect to be have fr00b Org Members allowed into our HQs?

Hopefully soon. I keep hoping we'll get this done in the near future. 18.0 is a maybe...depending entirely if we can find time.

Q - Pandemonium instance, when?

Very carefully early 2009.

Q - Old entrance hall back to game, yes or no?

Never. This area of the game represented a huge drop-off point for new players.

Q - You or one of your developers been to Croatia/Bosnia lately?

Yes. One of the new playfield names is inspired by a real world Croatian location.

Q - When will we get some solo AI content?

A great deal of the new Alien Quest line is meant to be done solo and should help significantly with AXP.

Q - Do you like puppies?

Yes. I am a dog person...My dog is currently on vacation in Sweden with my wife and kids. I miss my dog Razz .

Q - Is it possible to implement an option where a sound plays anytime we get a /tell ? Sometimes I'm not paying attention or in the other room and it would be nice to hear a sound if I get a tell.

I'll think about it...but only as an option. Otherwise when I play it would sound like a slot-machine.

Q - Regarding Symbiants, do I have to redo the 2 month of twinking that took me to wear a EOE 300 again?

We have plans to significantly reduce the time spent in perk reset. This should also arrive with 18.0.

Q - If you came to Philadelphia would you come visit me to view my Powerpoint Presentation on Roleplaying's Significance to the future of Anarchy-Online?

Sorry, I would be too busy running up the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and doing the Rocky dance.

Colin "Means" Cragg
Game Director

http://forums-archive.anarchy-online.com/attachment.php?s=1aeb0660651d85ed2a081679fc01b455&attachmentid=3593&d=1227287674

http://forums-archive.anarchy-online.com/attachment.php?s=1aeb0660651d85ed2a081679fc01b455&attachmentid=3594&d=1227287724

Auteur
Drixe
3nd G4me
3nd G4me

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2008 10:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

les Fr00bs dans le HQ ça serait cool pour enfin utiliser la salle du conseil pour les réunions d'orgs Razz

Combien valez-vous ? > Je vaux 6 599 700 € sur HumainAVendre.com, et vous ?
Drixe / lvl220 / Engineer (OMG ça y est!!!)
Guronzan - Doc (futur loque 150 du S10)
Drixenfo / lvl60 / Enfo (twink fr00b Armée 2)
Ononedrixe / lvl23 / Doctor (destiné à soigner toute l'Armée 1)
Derspieler / lvl 14 / Trader, agent de change fusion/acquisition
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

Auteur
Nishizono
Membre du Conseil
Membre du Conseil

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2008 5:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

mais lol les perks seront finalement apssés de 24H/reset a 2h/reset.. Maintenant quoi ? 5 mins ?

Nishizono en pause, Et son petit frère Mrdex , un reroll qui pown, mais qui est en pause aussi :3.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger

Auteur
bombalatina
Iscariote
Iscariote

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2008 5:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

non.
je pense plutot a la possibilité de reset toute une ligne de perk chaque 2Heures Very Happy

Auteur
Nishizono
Membre du Conseil
Membre du Conseil

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 25, 2008 11:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

lmfao

Nishizono en pause, Et son petit frère Mrdex , un reroll qui pown, mais qui est en pause aussi :3.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger

Auteur
Haazeel
Maître Jedi
Maître Jedi

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 26, 2008 7:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

***Woot Smile Même s'ils ne font que le quart de ce qui est écrit ici, y'aura quand même du bon et du très bon Smile

M'enfin, bit a dit "avec des pincettes" donc je m'emballe pas trop non plus...

Il n'en parle pas trop mais je suis content d'avoir eu tort au sujet du nouveau moteur... apparemment ça ira plus loin qu'un "simple" lifting des effets, puisqu'il parle de retoucher certains models... Smile

Wait and see...

Auteur
Bitnykk
Dark Vadormir
Dark Vadormir

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 29, 2008 12:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

c'est quoi cette rumeur que les OS vont être enlevés ?

Auteur
bombalatina
Iscariote
Iscariote

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 29, 2008 2:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

aparemment l'OS va etre retiré et remplacé par le " knockback" basé sur le principe du "I win button"

Auteur
Zangfo
Chevalier Jedi
Chevalier Jedi

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 29, 2008 12:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

C'est quoi l'OS ? Rolling Eyes

Auteur
bombalatina
Iscariote
Iscariote

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 29, 2008 2:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

reroll? Surprised

Auteur
Bitnykk
Dark Vadormir
Dark Vadormir

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 29, 2008 4:31 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

OS = frappe massive par bombardement ou laser (lost eden)

knockback pourquoi pas. ça pourrait être marrant en plus. en tout cas soit ils enlève l'aoe stun shadowbreed soit les frappes aériennes, là ça devient n'importe quoi comme on l'a vu sur EFP 5 hier.

Auteur
Bitnykk
Dark Vadormir
Dark Vadormir

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 03, 2009 2:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

très bon suivi des avancées (et reculades) sur ao-mp :

en résumé : le booster nécessite encore du délai, l'ajout de rechargement visuel (perks & nanos) sont en cours, le regroupement des serveurs n'est pas encore envisagé, les grenades engi sont encore en discution.

news traduites :
http://ao.mondespersistants.com/?article=236

news originales :
http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=frontend.show&table=PUBLISH&template=drill&func_id=1133&navID=1003,1004,1133

Auteur
Bitnykk
Dark Vadormir
Dark Vadormir

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

bump : détails sur les nouvelles frappes orbitales

en français :
http://ao.mondespersistants.com/?news=177

original :
http://forums-archive.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=544917

Auteur
Drixe
3nd G4me
3nd G4me

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
Knockback Nanos
The knockback nanos currently on TestLive are not going to be included in the live client with the booster.

Knockback and the game's collision detection can, in rare occasions, produce some very nasty unintended results. Results that have turned out to be unavoidable without completely replacing the collision detection of the entire game. Replacing the collision systems would be a long and costly project...something not remotely practical for a minor tweak to the pvp toolsets of a few professions.

The problems with collision detection are situational and are not a problem in Notum Wars areas. This means we should still be able to make use of the mechanic for the Orbital Strike adjustments. However in areas like Camelot, the Battlestation and other city type areas the issues that can be produced by knockback make it unreasonable and dangerous.

It is a difficult decision to remove a feature that I believe would have been fun once it was balanced...but I am certain it is the right one for the future of Anarchy Online.

Thank you all for your feedback on these nanos...and for your patience

Bon au final dehors le "I Win Button!!! Knockback!!!"

Combien valez-vous ? > Je vaux 6 599 700 € sur HumainAVendre.com, et vous ?
Drixe / lvl220 / Engineer (OMG ça y est!!!)
Guronzan - Doc (futur loque 150 du S10)
Drixenfo / lvl60 / Enfo (twink fr00b Armée 2)
Ononedrixe / lvl23 / Doctor (destiné à soigner toute l'Armée 1)
Derspieler / lvl 14 / Trader, agent de change fusion/acquisition

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    CODE Dragon Noir - RK2 - AO Index du Forum -> Les Infos d'AO Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: